Park Avenue Boom
The origins of the Park Avenue Boom date to J Class Yachts when sail handling challenges demanded novel solutions. Today, we offer strong, attractive, and practical mainsail handling solutions with our Park Avenue booms.
Very simply, the wings of the boom extend outwards to catch the mainsail as it is lowered. Lazy jacks ensure that the mainsail is captured within the confines of the recessed area of the boom deck and hides the bulk of the sail when moored. The sail cover is fit to the inboard groove of the twin track system installed on the inside perimeter of the boom top. A sun awning can be fit to the outboard groove and tensioned using the padeyes mounted at the extremities of the boom top.
While the V boom is a unique to the transitional Park Avenue in styling it does share many of the same features of that proven design, and few of it’s own.
- Wide boom wings help catch and flake the mainsail as it is dropped.
- Internally mounted sheaves and lines protect stored sail from hardware chafe.
- A twin track reefing system allows for adjustment or addition of future reefs.
- Twin groove dual purpose awning and sail cover track with the Lazyjack termination between the two grooves. This unique design allows for the sail cover and awning to be both be installed without removing or storing the lazy-jacks.
- Option for internally mounted hydraulic Outhaul or Cunningham cylinders.
- Flush mounted lights which will not snag or chafe spinnaker sheets.
- Option for internally mounted preventer which can lead forward and down to deck.
- Non-Skid finish on the boom top allows for safe crew access while flaking the mainsail.
- Finished in Awlgrip solid color, metallic, or a clear coat.
- Can be easily retrofit to an existing mast from any manufacturer.
If interested in a quote on an Offshore Spars V-boom please contact us and include as much information as possible about your boat the boom features you are interested in.
Use the below links to download more information about the popular Park Avenue boom from Offshore Spars. Some links require passwords, to request a password please contact us.