The Offshore Spars V-Boom is a contemporary to the classic Park Avenue Boom. The V-Boom differentiates itself with a recessed top deck which allows for increased mainsail storage. This improvement in functionality along with its sharp, modern design make this boom an increasingly popular choice.
V Boom Construction Method
The V-Boom has a similar construction method to the Park Avenue boom, utilizing hand-laid, uni-directional carbon fiber and Autoclave curing to produce a high quality, low-void content laminate. Honeycombed Nomex coring is strategically placed to reduce weight and increase stiffness in key areas of the boom.
V Boom Features
While the V-Boom is unique to the traditional Park Avenue in styling, it does share many of the same proven design features while adding a few of it’s own.
- Wide boom wings help catch and flake the mainsail as it is dropped.
- Internally mounted sheaves and lines protect stored sail and hardware from chafe.
- A twin track reefing system allows for adjustment or addition of future reefs.
- Twin groove dual purpose awning and sail cover track with the Lazyjack termination between the two grooves. This unique design allows for the sail cover and awning to be both be installed without removing or storing the lazy-jacks.
- Option for internally mounted hydraulic Outhaul or Cunningham cylinders.
- Flush mounted lights which will not snag or chafe spinnaker sheets.
- Option for internally mounted preventer which can lead forward and down to deck.
- Non-Skid finish on the boom top allows for safe crew access while flaking the mainsail.
- Finished in Awlgrip solid color, metallic, or a clear coat.
- Can be easily retrofit to an existing mast from any manufacturer.
V Boom Ordering
If interested in a quote on an Offshore Spars V-Boom please contact us and include as much information as possible about your boat the boom features you are interested in.